Do you want to be a virtual assistant? No worries! The biggest truth is, you don’t need to be an experienced virtual assistant to begin this career. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
A virtual assistant, commonly known as “VA”, refers to an entrepreneur who provides online services to valuable clients in a variety of industries from their remote location . The virtual advisors offer business services from any location, whether it is at home or far away.
The services of virtual assistants can include everything from administrative tasks up to digital media down to teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA can manage social media accounts for bloggers located in different parts of the country. Or, the VA can manage back-office management for a travel coach based in Australia. These are only a few instances.
Virtual assistants need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn connects professionals and newcomers in a specific field.
LinkedIn is populated by professionals in every industry. To stay informed, you can contact the professionals experts.
By learning from them and by observing their actions, you can learn a lot.
The VA provides remote services through four divisions.
General Administrative services
- Here are some admin services that you can offer your client as a virtual assistant:
- Cold calling and booking sales appointments are some of the ways that clients can seek donations. To focus on the target audience, the Market Research is needed.
- Regular follow-ups are conducted via online or offline correspondence with valued customers and clients.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows users to mark appointments and record events on an electronically managed calendar.
- File folder Management (manage, organize and manage their files with Google Dri veetc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- You can create different reports for weekly/fortnight tasks and deliverables, sales, turnovers, etc.
- Prepare Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations to be used in their online courses, webinars or conferences.
- Monitoring and recruiting remote freelance workers like a web designer, video editor or videographer.
- Personal jobs – booking restaurants and events, purchasing surprise gifts, booking dinners, reserving tables for dinners, shifting houses, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
The digital marketing mode of allows you to market your products and services using digital technology. The digital mode is promoted on the internet, which also includes mobile phones and other online sources.
Digital marketing techniques such as Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Internet Marketing (Paid Search), Product Marketing (Paid Search), Social Media Promotion (SSM), paid search, marketing collaterals, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing) are becoming more popular all over the world. VA services are required for the many options.
Every digital marketing strategy offers a lot of opportunity for improvement. This is why it is so important to measure each strategy.
Digital marketing believes that metrics are key to success and that analytics are the best.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing – Social Media Marketing refers to the use of social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Instagram and websites or blog blogs to market a product. Online marketers create brand awareness and promote products to consumers around the globe.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization The practice of SEO or ecommerce organizations to increase visitor count, traffic and populate websites with optimization methods is called Search Engine Optimization. The optimization techniques can be used in both offline and online modes.
- Social Media Optimization: The social media optimization process is used to improve brand recognition, awareness, and popularity of the product on various social media platforms.
- Facebook marketing – Online marketers build brand popularity by creating facebook pages and maintaining a follow up. Marketers create ads to gain popularity.
- Twitter Advertising – Online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating a twitter account. Follow up is encouraged. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- YouTube Marketing – The YouTube marketing allows the user to post videos and create virality across the million viewers. You will need to create a channel, post videos about various subjects, such as fashion, child psychology, hair styling, and child care tips.
- Pinterest Advertising Pinterest marketing is the use of Pinterest to increase awareness about products and services. Pinterest is used to drive traffic to the website and draws audience attention.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is the process of sending commercial content or message targeting the valuable clients or set of people through email mode. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- branding – brand actions are taken by organizations to make them stand out from peers and other emerging rivals. You can strengthen your position on the market by using branding strategies. The marketing team creates brand loyalty and branding.
- Paid Advertisements – The Online marketers make use of the paid advertisement which is published in the websites and google or other search engines to drive traffic among the consumers.
- Content Management – Marketing content is transferred via online websites or social media.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples for Creative Jobs that are in High Demand:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch new product or service – pdf, ebooks, flyers, mock-ups, business cards, banners, etc.
- Video creation and editing
Online teaching services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode is available for teaching services
Below are some examples
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English and other languages to students, homemakers, or working professionals.
2. Teaching services using “How to”) video tutorials
Very few examples.
- How to create a winning online course
- How to create graphics using Canva / Picmonkey / Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive, Drop Box, or One Drive to store unlimited files
- How to make instructional movies
- How to bake whole wheat bread/cookies, ice cream cakes, and pancakes.
- How to make your hair look party-ready in only 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF Workbooks or Worksheets
- How to take professional images for Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/EBay branded affiliate vendor
- How to automate Pinterest marketing
- How to draw faces and images for comics books
- There are many resources on the internet that will help you to find work-from-home jobs or opportunities that suit your interests and skills.
Which soft skills match up with clients to work remotely?
These are the core skills you will need to work long-term for remote clients.
- Be Professional You must be more professional with all of your interactions and communications with clients.
- Do not hesitate to take initiative. Clients expect you to quickly understand and analyse the tasks, and to be able to answer any queries promptly.
- Problem-solving skills You must be able to anticipate problems before they become major crises and to provide solutions to clients.
- Efficient – Owing experience, your work efficiency will increase and your continuous efforts to grow the business process will take you a long way.
- Persistence There may be a tight deadline, a challenging situation or an assignment that requires you to dedicate extra time, effort, and energy to complete the task. Your persistence and willingness to work hard in spite of all odds will make you trustworthy and reliable.
- Communicate well – Clients will expect you to be open and honest with them. Making the clients to ask or send reminders to you about the work updates is NOT being professional.
- Task Organization Skills – Your ability and willingness to follow the schedules and put your attention on one thing will allow you successfully manage multiple tasks.
What tools does the VA require?
Below given are some of the basic tools you need to know and excel before you take up client work:
- Google Docs For creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox is a file sharing tool
- WordPress for creating and managing websites
- Email market tool MailChimp.
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
There are many companies who ties contract with virtual assistants. These companies, also called agencies, serve as a broker to obtain a job for virtual assistants.
You can find the job opportunities for virtual assistants on websites like Indeed, Upwork, Time.
Check that the search terms or queries are appropriate to your field. Then, enter the what and where sections.
Virtual assistant maintains job profile with multitasking since the job profile covers various skills.
Virtual assistants provide technical and administrative support for finance, law, and start-up businesses. You can set-up a virtual assistant business or work from home opportunity from clients across the world.
You will need to learn new skills depending on the job profile.
The highest salary drawing virtual assistant need to devote their work for full-time and provide executive level support to clients and provide services such as web-designing, developer.